The tourism sector has become a vital force in driving economic growth and development. In 2022, India witnessed a remarkable surge in Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) and Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs), reflecting its increasing significance. As India prioritizes sustainability during its G20 Presidency, responsible and sustainable tourism emerges as a critical focus to leverage the country’s strengths and ensure long-term growth.
The G20 Opportunity
Elevating Global Footfall through Targeted Marketing
- India’s G20 Presidency presents a unique opportunity to attract tourists worldwide.
- Strategic marketing campaigns can significantly increase the number of visitors, benefiting the industry today and in the future.
Challenges and Solutions
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
- Balancing growth with sustainability is paramount. Encouraging responsible tourism practices can help preserve natural and cultural assets.
- Adequate infrastructure, from transportation to accommodation, must be prioritized to accommodate the growing number of tourists.
- A well-defined regulatory framework is needed to ensure a seamless and secure travel experience for visitors.
CII Tourism Summit 2023
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the 17th CII Tourism Summit on October 13, 2023, in Mumbai.
- This event will unite industry stakeholders to discuss challenges and outline a roadmap for the sector’s growth.