The 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20 was conducted from in the Andaman Sea. The 2020 edition of the exercise is being hosted by Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN). Indian Navy (IN) Ships including indigenously built ASW corvette Kamorta and missile corvette Karmuk participated in the exercise.
The SITMEX series of exercises are conducted to enhance mutual inter-operability between IN, RSN and Royal Thai Navy (RTN) and also strengthen mutual confidence and develop common understanding and procedures towards enhancing the overall maritime security in the region. The first edition of SITMEX was hosted by Indian Navy in 2019 off Port Blair.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Prime Minister of Thailand: Prayut Chan-o-cha.
- Thailand Capital: Bangkok.
- Thailand Currency: Thai baht.
- Singapore Currency: Singapore dollar.
- Singapore Capital: Singapore.
- Prime Minister of Singapore: Lee Hsien Loong.