The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in New Delhi has found place among world’s top 50 best airports in the 2021 Skytrax World Airport Awards. Delhi airport has improved its overall ranking by five places. In 2020, it was placed at 50th spot. With this, it has also become the first Indian airport to be placed among top 50 list. The Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar, has been named the “Best Airport in the World”.
Other Indian Airports in the list are:
- Hyderabad: 64 (placed at 71 in 2020)
- Mumbai: 65 (placed 52 in 2020)
- Bengaluru: 71 (placed 68 in 2020)
Top Five Airports in the World:
- Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar
- Haneda Airport in Tokyo
- Changi Airport in Singapore
- Incheon International Airport in Incheon, South Korea
- Narita International Airport (NRT) in Tokyo
About the Skytrax World Airport Awards:
The Skytrax World Airport Awards list is complied by UK-based Skytrax, a consultancy firm that runs an airline and airport review and ranking site, featuring 100 airports. The Skytrax World Airport Awards are voted for by customers in a global airport customer satisfaction survey.