41st India International Trade Fair:
The 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) has started at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal inaugurated the fair. The fair will continue till the 27th of this month. During the inauguration ceremony, Minister of State for Commerce and Trade Anupriya Patel and Som Parkash were also present. This year the theme of the trade fair is Vocal For Local, Local to Global.
About the 41st India International Trade Fair:
- The 14-day mega event assumes a special significance as it coincides with celebrations of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- Twenty-nine States and Union Territories are participating in the event. Bihar, Jharkhand and Maharashtra are Partner States while Uttar Pradesh and Kerala are participating as Focus States in the fair.
- Besides, various Central Ministries, Departments, Commodity Boards and PSUs are participating in this event to showcase their achievements.
- NITI Aayog Member (Health) Dr V K Paul inaugurated the Health Pavilion at the 41st India International Trade Fair in New Delhi today. The theme of this year’s pavilion of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is- Heal in India, Heal by India.
- The Health Pavilion showcases various initiatives, schemes and achievements of the Union Health Ministry. This includes the recently launched PM TB-Mukt Bharat Abhiyan, National Universal Immunisation Programme and Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.