The Sixth India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) Women’s Forum meeting was held virtually. The Forum discussed key issues that contribute towards the transformation of women’s lives. At the end of the conference, a joint declaration was also issued highlighting the shared IBSA goals and commitments for achieving gender equality in all spheres of life.
About IBSA Women’s Forum :
- The India-Brazil-South Africa Trilateral Cooperation Forum is a unique platform that brings together India, Brazil and South Africa, three large democracies and major economies from three different continents.
- The meeting was led by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- IBSA is committed to inclusive sustainable development, in pursuit of the well-being of its citizens and those from other developing nations.
- The principles, norms and values underpinning the IBSA Dialogue Forum are participatory democracy, respect for human rights, the Rule of Law and the strengthening of multilateralism. IBSA lays efforts in South-South cooperation beyond the conventional areas of exchange of experts and training.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of Women and Child Development: Smriti Zubin Irani.