Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan, addressed the 7th annual summit of NATHEALTH. The summit focused on ‘Indian Health system expansion in post-COVID era’. While addressing the summit the minister reiterated the commitments of the government for fulfilling the goal of Health for all.
The primary vision of the policy-framework is to attain highest possible level of health and well-being for all irrespective of all age groups. To attain this vision, the policy emphasizes on preventive & promotive aspects of health and providing universal access to good quality healthcare services. Government also launched Ayushman Bharat program with the objective of providing Universal Free Access to primary health care, promoting health and wellbeing.
About Health Union Budget 2021-22
- Union Budget 2021-22 also identifies Health as one of the six main pillars to drive growth.
- It has adopted a holistic approach towards health and wellbeing with a financial allocation of Rs 2,23,846 crore in 2021-22.
- It accounts for an increase of 137% over 2020-2021.
- To achieve the objectives of the policy, the government is working towards increasing health expenditure by 2.5 % of GDP 2025.
- The government is also encouraging State Governments to increase State sector health spending to 8% of the State’s GDP.