8 IITs to have directors: The appointments of Directors of eight Indian Institutes of Technology have been approved by President Droupadi Murmu (IITs). Seshadri Sekhar, an IIT, Madras professor, has been named the new director of IIT, Palakkad, while Shreepad Karmalkar, another IIT, Madras professor, will take over as the new director of IIT, Bhubaneshwar.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
8 IITs to have directors: Key Points
- Venkayappaya R. Desai of IIT, Kharagpur has been named the director of IIT, Dharwad, and Pasumarthy Seshu of IIT, Dharwad has been assigned the role of director of IIT, Goa.
- Rajat Moona, the director of IIT, Bhilai, has been appointed to lead IIT, Gandhinagar.
- K. N. Satyanarayana, Rajiv Prakash, and Manoj Singh Gaur will be the directors of the IITs in Tirupati, Bhilai, and Jammu, respectively.
- Rajat Moona, the director of IIT Bhilai, has been chosen to lead IIT Gandhinagar, while Pasumarthy Seshu, the director of IIT Dharwad, has been picked to lead IIT Goa. Directors of two IITs have been appointed to the top position at various IITs.
- The two IIT directors that were reappointed for a second term are Manoj Singh Gaur and K N Satyanarayana (IIT Tirupati) (IIT Jammu).
- IIT Madras professors Shreepad Karmalkar and Seshadri Sekhar have been selected to lead IIT Palakkad and IIT Bhubaneshwar, respectively.
New IITs to be made:
- Last year, applications were invited for six of the new IITs, which would be located in Dharwad, Goa, Palakkad, Jammu, Bhilai, and Tirupati.
- According to the job posting that was published on October 18, the candidate should have a Ph.D. with a first class or equivalent at their previous degree, ideally in a field of engineering.
- IIT Bhubaneswar has been without a full-time director since April 2020, when R V Rajakumar’s five-year term as director came to an end.