The book, titled “RAW: A History of India”s Covert Operations” has authored by investigative journalist and author Yatish Yadav. A new book gives a peep into the heroic covert operations carried by India’s external spy agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and thereby narrates a gripping account of what actually happens behind the grey walls of the secret society.
The essence of the Book:
- The book narrates a detailed account of real spies and reveals hitherto unknown aspects of their life, trauma and temptation, triumphs and setbacks in executing each of their “Mission Impossible”.
- The book provides a deeper insight and understanding of how covert operations are carried out in the uncharted territory, their agonizing misses to are woven into compilations to reflect the reality.
Research and Analysis Wing (RAW):
RAW, whose founder was legendary spymaster Rameshwar Nath Kao was established in 1968 to satisfy the need for increased intelligence that was identified during the 1962 Sino-Indian Border War and during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief of RAW: Samant Goel.
- Headquarters of RAW:: New Delhi.
- RAW founded: 21 September 1968.