The Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar, has unveiled a new online platform and mobile application called SATHI (Seed Traceability, Authentication, and Holistic Inventory) to address the issues of seed production, quality identification, and certification. The platform has been developed under the Uttam Beej – Samriddh Kisan scheme.
Key Points About SATHI Portal:
- The Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar, launched the SATHI portal and mobile app to tackle issues in the agriculture sector.
- Mr. Tomar highlighted that the government is committed to overcoming challenges faced by agriculture through schemes and programmes.
- The SATHI portal is considered a revolutionary step towards addressing issues related to seed production, quality identification, and certification.
- Seeds, pesticides, fertilizers, and irrigation are essential factors in agriculture, and inferior quality or spurious seeds can negatively impact growth and production.
- The use of the SATHI portal and mobile app will help in ensuring quality seed production, and certification.
You may also read this:
- Indian Ministry sets up panel to complete stalled real estate projects
- PM SVANidhi Scheme: Loans to Minority Street Vendors Remain Low
- Rural Development Ministry introduces Captive Employer scheme for rural youth