The Department of Defense Production, Ministry of Defense, will host the first-ever Artificial Intelligence in Defence symposium and exhibition in New Delhi, which will be officially inaugurated by Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh. The event will include a demonstration of the most innovative AI-enabled products that have been created by services, research organisations, industry, start-ups, and entrepreneurs.
- Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar spoke at a press conference about the event and described it as a significant occasion where 75 newly developed AI products and technologies with military applications will be unveiled as part of the celebrations for the 75th anniversary of independence, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and to support the “Aatmanirbharta” initiative in the military.
- The products fall under the categories of cyber security, intelligent monitoring systems, logistics and supply chain management, speech and voice analysis, automation/unmanned/robotics systems, command, control, communication, computer & intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, and operational data analytics. In addition to the 75 goods that are being released, another 100 are being developed at different levels.
- In addition, two top defence exporters one each from public & private sector will be felicitated during the occasion.
- In response to a query, Additional Secretary Shri Sanjay Jaju stated that defence exports reached a record high of Rs 13,000 crore in the fiscal year 2021–2022 with a contribution of 70% from the private sector and the remaining 30% from the public sector.
- The event will also feature panel discussions with participation from the Services, academics, students, research organisations, and industry on topics like “Deploying AI in Defence,” “GenNext AI solutions,” and “AI in Defence – Industry Perspective.”
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Defence Minister, GoI: Shri Rajnath Singh
- Defence Secretary: Dr. Ajay Kumar
- Additional Secretary: Shri Sanjay Jaju