The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh, in partner with BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited) has set up India’s 1st remote health monitoring system. The system is to be used in the state of Uttarakhand to monitor COVID-19 patients.
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
What is a remote health monitoring system?
- The remote health monitoring system allows the doctors to monitor body temperature and oxygen of patients remotely.
- A website and mobile application were also built as a part of the system.
- The patients can use these resources and inform doctors about their illness sitting at home.
- The system provides monitoring kits to patients when they are suspected of COVID-19.
- The system is currently being used in other parts of the world to monitor patients of hemodialysis.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of BEL: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- MD & CEO of BEL: M V Gowtama.
- BEL Established: 1954.