Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre (NIC) have jointly launched Collaborative CAD Software (CollabCAD). CollabCAD is a collaborative network, computer-enabled software system, providing a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design.
The objectives of CollabCAD:
- This initiative is to provide a great platform to students of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) across the country to create and modify 3d designs with free flow of creativity and imagination.
- CollabCAD will be used around 5000 schools where Atal Tinkering Labs are established.
- CollabCAD would also enable students to create data across the network and concurrently access the same design data for storage and visualization.
- CollabCAD is a platform for those students, who utilize indigenous, state-of-the-art made-in-India software for 3D modelling/slicing to use 3D Printing.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chairperson of NITI Ayog: Narendra Modi.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Ayog: Amitabh Kant.
- Vice Chairperson of NITI Ayog: Rajiv Kumar.
- Headquarters of NITI Ayog: New Delhi.
- Director-General of NIC: Neeta Verma.
- Headquarters of NIC: New Delhi.