To synergize the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has signed MoUs with AFC India Limited, and National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI), Delhi. The MoU aims to employ their expertise by mutually working together to coordinate the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors in order to bring better value to the stakeholders.
Some important areas of cooperation are as follows:
- AFC India Ltd. shall identify and roll out the critical technology intervention needed for organic production system.
- AFC shall provide and support to develop the Common Processing Centers in accordance with guidelines of APEDA.
- AFC shall endeavor to effectively support the entire value chain system.
- APEDA & NCUI will work together to achieve the goal of Doubling the Farmers Income.
- APEDA would enable exports by the cooperatives identified and trained by NCUI.
- APEDA shall enable necessary certifications of agri-produce as well as organic produce/ farm lands by the cooperatives identified by NCUI.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chairman of Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority: Diwakar Nath Misra.
- Managing Director, AFC India Ltd.: B.Ganeshan.