Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2022 was released by the Times Higher Education (THE). The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Banglore continued to be the best institute of the country. It ranked at 42nd place.
IISc in the top 100 institutions from Asia were JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research debuting at 65th place, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar at 68th rank and IIT Indore at 87th place. India was the third most-represented country, behind Japan and mainland China with 71 institutions. 17 Indian universities topped the list under top 200.
Top 4 universities under top 100:
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (42nd)
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research (65th)
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (68th)
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore (87th)
There are 17 Indian universities in the top 200 as compared to 18 last year. Of the 14 that were ranked in both years, eight have risen.
|2022 rank||2021 rank||Institution|
|42||37||Indian Institute of Science|
|65||NR||JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research|
|68||55||Indian Institute of Technology Ropar|
|87||78||Indian Institute of Technology Indore|
|120||137||Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar|
|127||144||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|139||154||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|149||201–250||Delhi Technological University|
|153||172||Banaras Hindu University|
|158||122||Institute of Chemical Technology|
|160||180||Jamia Millia Islamia|
|167||187||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|174||NR||International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad|
|177||143||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi|
- Meanwhile, Japan is the most-represented nation again this year, with 118 institutions, up from 116 last year.
- China is home to the continent’s top two universities for the third consecutive year, with Tsinghua and Peking universities holding on to first and second place, respectively. Twenty-two of these 30 top-100 Chinese institutions have risen or stayed stable compared with last year. Overall, there are 97 mainland Chinese universities in the ranking, up from 91 last year, making it the second most-represented nation in the table.
- Elsewhere, a Palestinian university is ranked for the first time and Saudi Arabia has increased its representation in the top 100 from four to six institutions.