On October 30, AU Small Finance Bank (AU SFB) announced its merger with Fincare Small Finance Bank, effective from February 1, 2024. The merger awaited approvals from critical stakeholders, including shareholders, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), and the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
CCI Approval Granted
The CCI, in its meeting on January 23, 2024, approved the proposed combination, as communicated by AU SFB in a regulatory filing. However, the merger is contingent upon the RBI’s approval.
Key Conditions and Developments
- The completion of the merger was subject to various conditions, including approval from shareholders, regulatory nods from RBI and CCI, and a capital infusion of Rs 700 crores by Fincare SFB promoters.
- Fincare SFB’s Managing Director & CEO is set to become the Deputy CEO of AU SFB, enhancing leadership synergy.
- Divya Sehgal, a current director on Fincare SFB’s board, will join AU SFB’s board, further strengthening the leadership team.
The merger aims to capitalize on a complementary branch footprint, establishing a nationwide small finance bank. Portfolio diversification, particularly through access to microfinance businesses focusing on rural and financial inclusion, is identified as a significant advantage.
Important Questions Related to Exams
- What is the capital infusion amount by Fincare SFB promoters for the AU-Fincare merger?
- On what date will the AU-Fincare merger be effective?
- How many customers does Fincare SFB have in total?
- What position will Fincare SFB’s Managing Director & CEO hold in AU SFB post-merger?
- When did AU SFB announce the merger with Fincare SFB?
Kindly share your responses in the comment section!!