Azad Engineering Private Limited, a Hyderabad-based market leader in engineering, has been approved as the first Indian company to supply critical rotating parts for nuclear turbines. The company has delivered its first set of critical parts. These will be assembled on nuclear turbines manufactured in Belfort, France.
Azad Engineering is India’s first supplier of Parts for Nuclear Turbines- Key Points
- Azad Engineering has signed a long-term supply agreement with General Electric (GE) Steam Power for the supply of nuclear turbine parts.
- They have signed a long-term agreement with GE Steam Power to manufacture critical rotating parts for nuclear turbines in one of the most stringent environments.
- GE Steam Power informed that it offers a broad portfolio of technologies and services for power plants, helping customers deliver reliable power as they transition to a lower carbon future.
- The world is rapidly moving towards generating energy from green and zero-emission clean energy sources. At present, nuclear power is one of the most cost-effective, clean zero-carbonized electricity sources. It is one of the best alternatives available to coal-based power plants.
- Azad Engineering, an end-to-end solution provider, noted that it expects to deepen its relationship as a preferred partner and continue to enjoy the flagship position with a new facility coming up over the next 18-24 months.