The Kunariya village of Kutch district in Gujarat has come out with a unique idea of holding Balika Panchayat. The first-ever elections of this Balika Panchayat were successfully. Inspired by the TV series, Balika Vadhu, the Kunariya village in Kutch district today held elections for the unique Balika Panchayat, which aims to develop leadership qualities in the girls for Future Panchayat polls.
About the Panchayat:
- Young females aged between 10 to 21 years contested elections for this unique Panchayat which will take up issues pertaining to adolescent girls and women in the village.
- This Panchayat will be run by the girls and for the girls.
- The separate sitting arrangements will be given to these girls and they will be given to use the budget of gender sensitivity.
- This unique step by a small village like Kunaria aligns with PM’s vision of enhancing young women’s participation in the political process.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani;
- Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat.