Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first metro rail in Dhaka. The metro train was flagged off in Dhaka for the first journey between Diabari and Agargaon station. The metro rail is part of the Bangladesh project of Mass Rapid Transit to be completed by 2030.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina Inaugurates First-Ever Metro Service in Dhaka – Key Points
- Bangladesh has reached another milestone in its development journey with its first metro rail inauguration.
- The metro rail is an approximately 12-kilometer-long metro route.
- The metro rail will connect Diabari to Agargaon station in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Ten pairs of trains with six coaches each will run on this route initially for four hours carrying about five lakh passengers daily.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first-ever metro rail of Bangladesh which has increased the pride and development of the country.
- It is a great achievement for Bangladesh being the first high-speed rail service with a top speed of 110 kilometers per hour.
- The metro rail is built with financial and technical support from Japan.
- The metro rail network will be completed in 2030, covering a total length of 129 kilometers out of which 61 kilometers will be underground.