Bharti AXA General Insurance has launched a crop insurance campaign titled ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ for farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka to encourage them about their yield protection and financial security. It includes Ahmednagar, Nashik, Chandrapur, Solapur, Jalgaon and Satara in Maharashtra and Dharwad, Mysuru and Kodagu in Karnataka.
Under the campaign:
- Bharti AXA General Insurance will ensure the farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka for a period of three years under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY).
- Bharti AXA General Insurance has received Rs 800 crore worth crop insurance mandate from the governments of Maharashtra and Karnataka for 3 years.
- Apart from this, under ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’, the farming communities will be made aware about the relevance and significance of crop insurance that mitigates the rural distress caused by crop failure or damage due to factors like unseasonal rains, monsoon failure, storms, floods, pests and diseases.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD & CEO of Bharti AXA General Insurance: Sanjeev Srinivasan.