FinEMPOWER launched by BSE and UN Women India
FinEMPOWER, a new initiative from BSE and UN Women India, was introduced at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). In order to empower women towards financial security, BSE and UN Women have collaborated on a year-long capacity-building programme.
FinEMPOWER launched by BSE and UN Women India: Key Points
- To increase investment in female leaders and entrepreneurs at BSE, BSE and UN Women India together organized the “Ring the Bell for Gender Equality ceremony” in observance of International Women’s Day.
- Mr. Sundararaman Ramamurthy, MD and CEO of BSE, and Ms. Susan Ferguson, Country Representative of UN Women India, rang the bell for gender equality together.
- Mr. Ramamurthy emphasised the necessity for businesses to consider diversity from a variety of perspectives, including age, demographics, gender, and geography, in order to extend their perspective and meet the demands of many cross-sections of society.
- According to Ms. Ferguson, women require greater assistance in order to achieve or maintain financial independence and gain access to cash.
- Mr. Ramamurthy continued by saying that as economies start to recover, it is crucial to support women-owned enterprises.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- BSE Full Form: Bombay Stock Exchange
- BSE MD and CEO : Sundararaman Ramamurthy
- UN Women India: Ms. Susan Ferguson