Shivendra Nath, a 1994-batch officer of UPSC, has been chosen by the PSEB (Public Enterprises Selection Board) panel to assume the role of Chairman & Managing Director at Engineering Projects India Ltd (EPIL), a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises.
Nath’s Career Milestones and Current Role at BSNL
- Nath began his engineering career in 1994, after being selected through the Union Public Service Commission as the Engineering Project Manager of P&T Department, Indian Engineering Services.
- Nath has been serving as Chief Engineer at BSNL from September 2020. Previously, he held the position of Superintending Engineer at Naya Raipur Development Authority until January 2021.
- At present, Nath is working as the senior general manager at BSNL.
Nath’s Extensive Expertise and Role as Chief Executive at EPIL
- With over 25 years of experience in diverse essential domains such as infrastructure development, contract management, supervision, sustainable water solutions, urban planning and development, and government administration, Nath assumes the role of Chief Executive at EPIL.
- Reporting directly to the organization’s Board of Directors, he bears the responsibility of ensuring the organization’s smooth operation and successful attainment of its corporate objectives and performance targets.
The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PSEB)
- The Public Enterprises Selection Board is entrusted with the responsibility of selecting and appointing individuals to key positions, including Chairman, Managing Director, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, and Functional Director, in Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs), as well as positions at other designated levels as specified by the Government.
- Furthermore, the board offers advisory services to the Government regarding matters related to appointments, confirmation, extension of tenure, and termination of services for personnel at the aforementioned levels.
About Engineers India Limited (EIL)
- Engineers India Limited (EIL) is a government-owned Indian engineering consultancy and technology licensing company. Established in 1965, its initial focus was on providing domestic technology solutions for hydrocarbon projects.
- Over the years, EIL has diversified its expertise to encompass various areas, including non-ferrous metallurgy, infrastructure, water and wastewater management, and fertilizers. The company’s headquarters are located at Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi.
Key takeaways for competitive examinations
- Chairman & Managing Director of Engineering Projects (India) Ltd: Dhirendra Singh Rana