The establishment of “National Recruitment Agency” has received the Union Cabinet‘s approval. The National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will result in transformational reform in the recruitment process for central government jobs. NRA will comprise of representatives of Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the SSC, RRB as well as IBPS. NRA is expected to be a specialist body which will offer the state-of-the-art technology and best practices to the field of Central Government recruitment. A sum of Rs. 1517.57 crore has been sanctioned by the Government of India for the National Recruitment Agency (NRA).
WARRIOR 3.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
The National Recruitment Agency (NRA) would be a multi-agency body which be responsible to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET). Some important features of CET:
- The CET will be conducted to shortlist candidates for the Group B and C (non-technical) posts.
- The scores received by the candidate in CET shall be valid for a period of 3-years from the date of declaration of the result.
- There shall be no restriction on the number of attempts to be taken by a candidate to appear in the Common Eligibility Test subject to the upper age limit.
- Separate CET each for the three levels of matriculate (10th pass), higher secondary (12th pass) and the graduated candidates.
- Based on the screening done at the CET score level, the final selection for recruitment shall be made via separate specialised Tiers (II, III etc) of examination which shall be conducted by the respective recruitment agency.
- Candidates will be able to reap the advantage of registering on a common portal and give a choice of Centres.
- CET would be available in a number of languages.
- CET is expected to significantly reduce the recruitment cycle.