The Central Water Commission (CWC), Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti entered into a Memorandum of Agreement for Development of International Centre of Excellence for Dams (ICED) under externally funded Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project Phase II and Phase III. This MoA will remain valid for ten years or till the duration of the DRIP Phase-II and Phase-II Scheme, whichever is earlier, from the date of signing.
More About The International Centre of Excellence for Dams (ICED):
- ICED, Roorkee will provide specialized technical support services to the Indian and overseas dam owners.
- It will also carry out applied research, education, and technology transfer in dam safety management at local, regional, national, and international levels.
About Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP):
- It was launched by the Central Water Commission (CWC) with assistance from the World Bank in 2012 to improve the safety and operational performance of existing dams in a sustainable manner.
- It aims to bridge the funding gap and provide urgent finance toStates for the repair and maintenance of Dams
- Water Resources Departments and State Electricity Boards in the participating States and Central Water Commission at Central Level are the implementing agencies.
You may also read: India signs MoU with Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle Joint Business Council to promote adoption of energy efficiency