The Centre has appointed Sanjay Malhotra, a 1990 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Rajasthan cadre, as the new revenue secretary. He will replace Tarun Bajaj who will superannuate at the end of November. Malhotra, currently serving as secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS), will join the Revenue Department as an officer on special duty. The centre has announced new secretaries for 16 ministries and departments.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Here are some important appointments:
- Aramane Giridhar, 1988 batch IAS of Andhra Pradesh cadre, currently secretary in the Ministry of Road, transport and Highways (MoRTH) will be the new defence secretary on superannuation of Ajay Kumar on October 31.
- Manoj Govil, 1991 batch IAS of Madhya Pradesh Cadre, will be the new secretary in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. He is currently serving in his home cadre.
- Tarun Bajaj currently has additional charge of secretary corporate affairs ministry.
- Vivek Joshi, 1989 batch lAS officer of the Haryana cadre, will take over as secretary in the Department of Financial Services. He is currently Registrar General of India and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Nagendra Nath Sinha, 1987 batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre, currently serving as secretary in the Department of Rural Development, will be the new steel secretary on the superannuation of Sanjay Kumar Singh.
- Shailesh Kumar Singh, 1991 batch IAS of Jharkhand cadre, will take over as secretary in the Department of Rural Development.
- Kamran Rizvi, 1991 batch IAS of UP cadre, will be the new secretary in the Ministry of Heavy Industries.