China successfully launched “APSTAR-6D” telecommunication satellite via a Long March 3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center. China Academy of Space Technology has developed the commercial satellite ‘APSTAR-6D’. APSTAR-6D marked the 18th Rocket Launched by China in the year 2020.
About telecommunication satellite “APSTAR-6D” :
- The APSTAR-6D satellite was developed by the China Academy of Space Technology Corp.(CASC), a subsidiary of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp. The satellite was purchased by APT Mobile SatCom Limited in 2016.
- The satellite aims to provide high-speed communications with a capacity of almost 50 gigabytes/sec. APSTAR-6D is a part of Chin’s First Global High-Throughput Broadband Satellite Communication System.
- It is expected to last about 15 years in space in geostationary orbit, as part of a broadband satellite communications system serving the Asia-Pacific region.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp Headquarters: Beijing, China.
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp President: Xu Qiang.