The Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud announced that the Supreme Court has launched “neutral citations” of judgments to ensure a uniform pattern of citing its decisions. Earlier, the Supreme court informed that steps had been taken for the introduction and implementation of a uniform, reliable and secure methodology for identifying and citing decisions in the apex court, namely the neutral citations system, to ensure a uniform pattern of citing all decisions of the top court.
CJI DY Chandrachud Launched “Neutral Citations” For All Supreme Courts- Key Points
- The bench led by the CJI assembled to hear urgent mentioning of matters for listing, and the CJI announced that all judgments of the top court would have neutral citations.
- The Chief Justice of India informed that they have launched neutral citations. All judgments of the court will have neutral citations,” adding that around 30,000 verdicts of the apex court would have neutral citations.
- He also noted that hopefully, the HCs would also follow suit. The top court was using machine learning tools, which would translate its verdicts into Indian languages.
- India can emerge as a biodiversity champion
- PM Modi Inaugurated ‘Barisu Kannada Dim Dimava’ Festival