Unified portal, CU-Chayan launched by UGC
University Grant Commission (UGC) Chairman M Jagadesh Kumar launched a new recruitment portal called CU-Chayan for Central University faculty, declaring it to be completely user-friendly and suitable for the needs of all the stakeholders in the recruitment process.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The UGC created the CU-Chayan portal with the aim of developing an enabling environment for both universities and applicants, with universities able to manage every aspect of the recruitment process independently. Currently 31% seats are vacants across different universities.
What does CU-Chayan portal offer?
- The CU-Chayan portal is a unified recruitment platform that is tailored specifically to the recruitment of faculties in Central Universities.
- The portal serves as a common platform for listing vacancies, job advertisements, and postings across all Central Universities.
- Moreover, the registration and application process is entirely online, from application to screening to alerts for portal users.
- The CU-Chayan portal offers a personalized dashboard that is built to manage the application process. It provides transparency and access to every facet of the recruitment process.
- It offers a variety of features to assist applicants, including a consolidated list of job openings from all participating universities, a singular login for applying to any of the universities, and customised dashboards to aid in the application process.
- Additionally, applicants can use a range of filters like university name, location, job title, category, subject, employment type, experience, education level, and more to look for jobs.
CU-Chayan Portal launched by UGC: Key Points
- For universities, the platform offers real-time application tracking, personalised admin dashboards, adjustable advertising regulations, and a fully online process that includes payment gateways, from initial application to screening.
- It also features built-in email communication tools, online feedback and reference options for referees, and provides real-time analysis and insights into the application process.
- Members of the university’s Screening Committee can see applicant details, view point or research scores generated by the system, and verify uploaded documents against each entry.
- Additionally, the screening committee’s comments and scores can be saved within the portal.
The CU-Chayan portal will not hinder the independence of Central Universities when it comes to filling faculty positions. Utilizing the portal, Central Universities will still be responsible for announcing job openings, gathering online applications, shortlisting candidates, conducting interviews, and appointing faculty members.
These activities will be carried out through the Admin dashboard for each University on the portal. The purpose of the portal is to provide a beneficial platform for all Central Universities and not a centralized recruitment process. Autonomous recruitment processes will still occur, managed by the respective Central Universities.
India’s First Undersea Tunnel Nears Completion: Mumbai Coastal Road Project
How does the CU-CHAYAN portal come into existence?
The portal was developed in cooperation with the Vice Chancellors of Central Universities, and feedback was taken into consideration when creating it. The CU-Chayan portal can be modified to meet the unique requirements of each university, and the UGC will provide training to Central Universities in its use.
The reservation system for recruitment would also not be impacted, and individual universities would continue to adhere to the Government of India’s reservation system and create their respective rosters in compliance with DOPT guidelines.
Also Read: Supreme Court allows divorce on the grounds of “irretrievable breakdown of marriage”