Death of Jayanti Patnaik: Jayanti Pattnaik, the first chair of the National Women’s Commission and a former member of parliament, passed away in Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha. She was the wife of late Janaki Ballav Pattnaik. President Droupadi Murmu has sent her condolences to her family, friends, and well-wishers, describing her as an accomplished social worker who won the hearts of the people of the state by her service and dedication.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Death of Jayanti Patnaik: Key Points
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan expressed his sorrow by stating that late Jayanti Pattnaik was a writer in addition to being active in politics and the community.
- Naveen Pattnaik, the chief minister of Odisha, has stated that she will be remembered for her contributions to women’s empowerment and Odia literature.
Jayanti Patnaik: About
- Jayanti Patnaik was an Indian politician and social worker.
- She lived from 7 April 1932 to 28 September 2022.
- She served as the First Chairman of the National Commission for Women, in its first chair from 3 February 1992 to 30 January 1995.
- She had one son and two daughters from her 1953 marriage to politician Janaki Ballabh Patnaik, who later served as Chief Minister of Odisha (1980–89).