Michigan, USA-based IT Services & IT Consulting company Information Data Systems (IDS) has unveiled the Bharat Blockchain Network (BBN) (Academic Blockchain Consortium) & Polyversity (Educational Metaverse). Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI) launched the initiatives in the presence of officials from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at an event held at the AICTE Auditorium in New Delhi.
- IDS is building Bharat Blockchain Network (BBN)- India’s Nationwide hybrid blockchain Network visioned to enable blockchain projects of academic interest around Governance, Issuance of verifiable credentials, Skill badges, Student transfer & Audit Trail along the lines of NEP (National Education Policy) 2020.
- IDS is working with 100 plus academic partners. The Bharat Blockchain Network (BBN), India’s first nationwide hybrid blockchain network, is built by IDS.
- Polyversity, a virtual university, is India’s Largest Educational Metaverse, with over 100 Academic Partners establishing virtual campuses, including the AICTE’s campus.
About the Polyversity:
Polyversity is India’s Largest Educational Metaverse, with over 100 Academic Partners establishing virtual campuses to make education more accessible, immersive and meaningful. Land parcels will be assigned to academic partners in Polyversity.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- All India Council for Technical Education Founded: November 1945;
- All India Council for Technical Education Headquarters: New Delhi;
- All India Council for Technical Education Chairperson: Anil Sahasrabudhe.