Diamond League 2022 Finals: Neeraj Chopra gained another accomplishment when he won the Diamond League Final in Zurich. Neeraj Chopra has now won the Diamond League Trophy, making him the first Indian to do it. The expert javelin thrower recorded a throw of 88.44 metres on his second attempt, which was sufficient for him to win the competition.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Neeraj Chopra wins Diamond League 2022 Finals: Highlights
- The remaining five participants were no match for the gold medalist from the Tokyo Olympics, Neeraj Chopra, who ultimately won the Diamond League 2022 Finals handily.
- Neeraj Chopra registered a throw of 88.44m in his second attempt and he followed it up with an 88m throw in his third attempt and 86.11m in his fourth attempt.
- While his final try was 83.6m, Neeraj’s fifth attempt was 87m.
- Neeraj Chopra had earlier won the Lausanne leg of the Diamond League series to mark his amazing comeback from a one-month injury layoff and earn a spot in the two-day finals.
- Neeraj Chopra accomplished a first by winning a Diamond League meet championship.
Neeraj Chopra wins Diamond League 2022 Finals: A Worthy Comeback
- Due to a slight groyne injury he had had during his silver-winning performance at the World Championships in the USA in July, he had to skip the Birmingham Commonwealth Games (July 28 to August 8).
- After making a successful comeback, the 24-year-old Indian superstar threw the spear to 89.08 metres in his maiden attempt to clinch the victory in Lausanne on July 26.
- He accomplished his third career-best performance, making it appear as though the injury had never occurred.
- The Diamond League, which is structured like a championship, consists of 32 Diamond Disciplines.
At the 13-series event, competitors collect points to advance to the final of their respective disciplines. The “Diamond League Champion” will be determined by who wins each Diamond Discipline at the Final.