On 29th September 2023, Dr. Jitendra Singh, the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions, inaugurated the Special Campaign 3.0 in the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
This campaign, themed “Digital DARPG,” aimed at enhancing service delivery, utilizing emerging technologies, and ensuring efficient management within government offices.
Unified Service Portals
- Under the “Digital DARPG” initiative, DARPG initiated a comprehensive approach towards unified service delivery portals. Collaborating with 27 Senior Officials, including Right to Service Commissioners from States/UTs, DARPG identified 164 services for pan-India e-service delivery, in addition to the 56 mandatory e-services.
- Efforts were focused on promoting faceless and suo-moto service delivery.
- Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, and Odisha achieved 100% service saturation through their Unified Service Delivery Portals (e-UNNAT, e-Sevanam, and Odisha One, respectively).
Reducing Pendency in Public Grievances
- DARPG, through its Special Campaign 3.0, emphasized the timely and qualitative resolution of public grievances.
- The 17th Monthly Report on CPGRAMS, issued on 7th September 2023, highlighted an average grievance redressal time of 19 days across Ministries/Departments.
- To further simplify the grievance redressal process, DARPG collaborated with the Bharat GPT team from IIT Mumbai to develop India-specific Large Language Models (LLM) powered by Bhashini.
Efficient Record Management
- DARPG’s commitment to efficient record management was evident through its rigorous review process.
- During the first week of the campaign, 100% of the files were reviewed, leading to the identification of 447 physical files for disposal, out of which 140 were successfully removed.
- Additionally, 1317 e-files were identified for closure, all of which were successfully closed using the e-Office platform.
Adoption of Emerging Technologies
- The Special Campaign 3.0 also saw DARPG embracing emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- A non-disclosure agreement was signed with the Bharat GPT team to create a demonstrable large language model for CPGRAMS.
- This initiative aimed to enhance the efficiency of citizen grievance redressal in CPGRAMS, promising a more streamlined and user-friendly experience.