In Himachal Pradesh, Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has laid the foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Dhaula Kuan in Sirmour district. The first phase of this Institute would be completed by spending an amount of 392.51 crore rupees. In 2014, the Union Government had taken decision to establish seven new IIMs including IIM Sirmaur.
According to Union Education Minister:
- Union Government would provide all possible help to ensure that the institute emerges as the best institute of the region.
- The new courses offered by the institute would open new horizons to the students.
- The Tourism, Power, Industries and eco-tourism are the natural potential of the State which need effective management and this institute would prove a boon in this direction.
- MBA students are future corporate leaders, wealth creators and responsibility lies heavily on their shoulders to provide the right direction to business and industry to make Aatm Nirbhar Bharat.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh: Jai Ram Thakur.
- Governor of Himachal Pradesh: Bandaru Dattatraya.