First Barge of the series LSAM 15 delivered to Indian Navy
- Under the Contract for construction of Ammunition Cum Torpedo Cum Missile (ACTCM) Barges with M/s Suryadipta Projects Pvt Ltd, Thane, a MSME, First Barge the series LSAM 15 (Yard 125) has been delivered to Indian Navy.
- The deal was established under ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ initiatives of the Government of India
- A total of eleven such barges are under construction which when ready will be delivered to the Indian Navy.
- The Barge has been built under the classification rules of Indian Register of Shipping (IRS) and have a service life of 30 years
- With all major/auxiliary equipment sourced from indigenous manufacturers, the Barge is proud flag bearer of “Make in India” initiative of Ministry of Defence.
Induction of (Ammunition Cum Torpedo Cum Missile)ACTCM Barges will provide impetus to Operational commitments of Indian navy by facilitating Transportation, Embarkation and Disembarkation of articles/ ammunition to Indian navy Ships both alongside jetties and at outer harbours