Flipkart Private Limited inks partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited & Go Digit General Insurance to launched two health insurance policies. The name of the two policies that specifically cover coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
‘COVID-19 Protection Cover’
- COVID-19 Protection Cover’ by ICICI Lombard provides an instant Rs 25,000 benefit plan paid to the customer if he tests positive for COVID-19. It is priced at an annual premium of Rs 159.
‘Digit Illness Group Insurance’
- Digit Illness Group Insurance’ offered by Digit Insurance allows consumers to avail a hospitalization cover up to a sum assured of Rs 1 lakh with an annual premium of Rs 511. Further, there is no limit on room rent or ICU. The policy includes 30 days pre-hospitalization and 60 days post-hospitalization fee. Policyholders can also get 1% of the sum assured for ambulance assistance.
Both the policies provide an easy claim, hospitalisation, room or intensive care unit (ICU) expenditure, ambulance assistance and teleconsultation and do not require any medical testing at the time of purchase.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of ICICI Lombard: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD & CEO of ICICI Lombard: Bhargav Dasgupta.
- Digit general insurance Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.