G20 SAI Summit Starts in Goa
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Shri Girish Chandra Murmu, holds the position of Chair of the Supreme Audit Institutions-20 (SAI20) Engagement Group during India’s G20 Presidency. The SAI20 Summit is scheduled to take place in Goa from 12th to 14th June 2023, and will be attended by delegates from SAI20 member SAIs of G20 countries, Guest SAIs, Invited SAIs, International Organizations, Engagement Groups, and other invitees. Sixteen countries will be participating in-person.
G20 SAI Summit Starts in Goa: Key Points
- The guiding philosophy for India’s Presidency of G20 is “One Earth, One Family, and One Future”.
- In this spirit, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India proposed the collaboration of SAI20 Engagement Group on two priority areas: Blue Economy and Responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Blue Economy involves leveraging the sustainable use of ocean resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods, and jobs while preserving the health of our ecosystem.
- As AI continues to be increasingly embedded into governance, SAIs must prepare themselves for auditing AI-based governance systems while also adopting AI into their audit techniques to increase their effectiveness.
- At the SAI20 Summit, SAI India will present compendiums on Blue Economy and Responsible AI, which will feature contributions and experience sharing by SAI20 members and other SAIs to guide future audits on these priority areas.
During the summit, panelists will share additional knowledge and experiences on Blue Economy and Responsible AI. The SAI20 Engagement Group will focus on fostering accountability in governance and strategically partnering with governments to respond to global challenges.