Adani Transmission Limited has received ‘Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2023 (GPEMA) in the ‘Power Transmission Sector’ from ‘Institute of Directors.’
What’s in News?
Adani Transmission Limited (ATL) has won the ‘Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2023’ in the Power Transmission Sector from ‘Institute of Directors.’
In 2023, an assessment group comprising Environment, Health and safety, Energy and Climate Change experts assesses over 520 applications.
These applications were approved by Justice M.N. The review was done by an eminent jury committee headed by Venkatachaliah.
Contribution of Adani Transmission Limited:
- The core philosophy of Adani Group is ‘Nation Building’ and ‘Growth with Goodness’.
- They are adding sustainable value globally and contribute to energize the nation.
- While the energy transmitted by them helps support national economic growth and also improves quality of life for millions of people.
- They aim to give back to the society through their Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR).
- They aimed at making positive impact on the environment through everything they do.
- Adani Transmission limited ensures that 100% of electrical waste during the time of set-ups gets recycled as per the best practices.
Managing Director and CEO of Adani Transmission Limited is Anil Sardana.
About the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award:
- The award is given for reducing its ecological footprint through programs such as zero waste in landfills, single-use plastic free, water-positive operations, promoting renewable energy integration and implementation of best-in-class environmental management strategies.
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL) has been awarded with the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award in 2021 in the steel sector by the Institute of Directors. SAIL has been the winner of this award for three consecutive years.
- Adani Tranmission Limitied (ATL) was declared Winner by its B2C arms i.e. Adani Electric Mumbai Limited for its unique strategic initiative of increasing renewable energy in bulk power purchase for distribution in Mumbai region. Find More Awards News Here