Tech giant Google is reportedly set to appoint manufacturing and policy veteran Sreenivasa Reddy as its top government affairs executive in India. The company is looking to make this hiring with an eye on tackling legal challenges and expanding hardware assembly in the country.
About the Sreenivasa Reddy
Reddy is currently working as a senior engineering executive at Microsoft. He is likely to join Google towards the end of this year, as per the report. Prior to Microsoft, Reddy also worked with Apple’s India regulatory team . He also worked with Swedish telecom-gear maker Ericsson AB at a senior position. Google is currently in talks with multiple vendors to move production of its Pixel smartphones to India. While the company is believed to start manufacturing in India with Pixel.
- As per reports, Google was exploring deals with companies such as Lava International, Dixon Technologies and Foxconn’s Indian subsidiary for the same. Google also believes that moving the production to India could help drive the sale of its smartphones in the country.
- Earlier in May, IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw met Google CEO Sundar Pichai at the tech major’s headquarters in California’s Mountain View. The two discussed a slew of issues ranging from India Stack to the government’s ‘Make in India’ push.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Google Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Google Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
- Google Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
- Google Founded: 4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai (2 Oct 2015–)