The Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Education has launched a new initiative called ‘YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors’. YUVA stands for Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors. It is an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors, below 30 years of age to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the scheme:
- The National Book Trust, India under the Ministry of Education will be the Implementing Agency for the scheme.
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest, that will be conducted through https://www.mygov.in/ from 1 June – 31 July 2021.
- The young winning authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors.
- A consolidated scholarship of Rs.50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chairman of National Book Trust, India: Govind Prasad Sharma.
- The National Book Trust, India is an apex body, established by the Government of India in the year 1957.