Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the 1st time, will sign a partnership pact with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) at the DefExpo 2020 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. This pact is signed for manufacture advanced Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs) in India.
As a large MALE (Medium Altitude, Long Endurance) UCAV has a maximum flight time of over 36 hours in favourable conditions. This will be manufactured to cater both to Indian requirements for a combat UCAV and possibly exports to third nations in the future as well. UCAV has a maximum payload weighing of 40 kg & work on sensors, payloads and other data links has been outsourced to institutions like the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Founded: 1940(As Hindustan Aircraft) &1964 (Renamed
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Chairman and managing director of HAL: R Madhavan.
- Israel Aerospace Industries Headquarters: Lod, Israel.
- Israel Aerospace Industries CEO and President: Nimrod Shefer.
- Israel Aerospace Industries Founded: 1953.