Haryana Agriculture Minister, Jai Parkash Dalal launched the ‘Chaara – Bijaee Yojana’, a scheme launched to provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per acre (Upto 10 acres) to farmers cultivating and supplying fodder to Gaushalas (Cowsheds). The rationale behind the scheme is to address the State’s fodder shortage and rising stray cattle. The Subsidy will be directly credited to the farmer’s account under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Under the scheme:
- The number of cow shelters in the state increased from 175 in 2017 to 600 in 2022. Most cow shelters remain overcrowded due to an increase in the stray cattle population.
- Also, the Phosphate-Rich Organic Manure (PROM) prepared from cow dung can be used as an alternative for synthetic fertilisers. The Prom is also prepared from various gaushalas of Pinjore, Hisar and Bhiwani districts of Haryana.
- The state government has been taking a number of steps in the interest of farmers, and the ‘Chaara-Bijaee Yojana’ is another step in that direction. In April, Rs 13.44 crore was distributed among 569 gaushalas in the state for purchasing fodder.”
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Haryana Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya;
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh;
- Haryana Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.