Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu has informed that a ‘Green Hydrogen’ policy would be formulated to promote the use of green hydrogen and establish the state as a leading hub for its production. Renewable energy resources, including ample sunlight, water, and wind, make the state an ideal location for generating green hydrogen. The primary objective of the Green Hydrogen Policy is to attract investments in large-scale renewable energy projects, ensuring a consistent and sustainable supply of green electricity for electrolysis.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
HP Government Aims to Formulate Green Hydrogen Policy: Key Points
- The chief minister stated that the government is actively encouraging young entrepreneurs to invest in the state and the new green energy policy will include various provisions to facilitate their participation.
- By giving leverage to the natural advantages, the state aims to create a favorable environment for the production of green hydrogen.
- He also informed that this policy will not only contribute to the global fight against climate change but also make the state a pioneer in sustainable development.
- The state government has already signed a memorandum of understanding with Oil India Limited (OIL). This collaboration will enable the production of green hydrogen and green ammonia on a pilot basis.
- The company has shown interest in establishing a plant in Himachal Pradesh that will produce green hydrogen for ethanol production. This alternative fuel can be directly used as a replacement for petrol, aligning with the government’s initiatives towards flexible fuels.
- Moreover, the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) is also setting up a Green Hydrogen Mobility Project in the Chamba district on a pilot basis.
- This project will feature a dedicated solar plant, an electrolyzer unit for hydrogen production, and a hydrogen storage system with a dispenser. The land has been identified for this project at Mohal Monkhri in the Chamba district.
- Goa Signed MoU with Uttarakhand for Strengthening Tourism Cooperation
- Maharashtra Government Launches ‘Shasan Aplya Dari’ Initiative to Bring Government Schemes and Services to Citizens’ Doorsteps