Hyundai Motor Company has launched a Transformer-like robocar dubbed as TIGER X-1, that can travel over the most challenging terrains on the Earth as well as on other planets. TIGER stands for Transforming Intelligent Ground Excursion Robot, and the X-1 denotes its experimental status.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The Ultimate Mobility Vehicle (UMV) TIGER is being developed by Hyundai in partnership with Autodesk and Sundberg-Ferar.
- Tiger is designed as a battery-electric vehicle, comprising of a small pod with four wheels on extendable legs. it will be able to operate as either a four-wheel-drive vehicle or four-legged walking robot.
- The vehicle is unscrewed, meaning that its, main use will be to carry payloads over remote and inaccessible locations, and not the people
- It will help in search and rescue, scientific research, military, or exploratory missions (even on new planets).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Hyundai Motor Company Founder: Chung Ju-Yung.
- Hyundai Motor Company Founded: 29 December 1967, Seoul, South Korea.