Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) is tie-up with a multinational technology company, NVIDIA to establish India’s 1st ‘NVIDIA AI Technology Centre’ (NVAITC). This centre is established to accelerate research on Artificial Intelligence and its commercial adoption.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: WARRIOR 2.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
Significance of the Tie-up:
- The projects to be taken up include, Increasing crop yields using AI algorithms and applying AI-based solutions to support safe transportation systems and better ways to manage traffic among others.
- The collaboration focuses on improvising AI research in the aspects of agriculture, smart cities and language understanding.
- The NVAITC will accelerate research for the 220 faculty at IITH, which is already among India’s foremost research institutions.
- This will build on the strong AI capabilities IITH has built, including the country’s first B.Tech in AI programme.”
- IITH already houses two NVIDIA DGX-1TM systems and an NVIDIA DGX-2TM system dedicated to research being undertaken at the institute.
- Telangana govt has signed 8 Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with various companies, including NVIDIA among others on January 2, 2020.
- The State government recently announced 2020 as the ‘Year of AI’. NVIDIA is already a partner of the government in this endeavour.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NVIDIA Headquarters: California, United States.
- NVIDIA Co-Founder, President and CEO: Jensen Huang.
- Director of IIT-H: B.S.Murty.
Find More News Related to Agreements