Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi, Himachal Pradesh has developed a high-speed magnetic Random Access Memory (RAM). This Magnetic Random Access Memory (RAM), is faster, energy-efficient and stores more data in a smaller volume as compared to existing data storage technologies.
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
Important facts of Magnetic Random Access Memory (RAM):
- The Spin-transfer torque (STT) based nano spintronic device is expected to put an end to computer data loss due to interruptions of power supply.
- This technology will have the capability to transform next-generation computers, smartphones, and other gadgets.
- In magnetic RAMs, data are represented as the spin of electrons.
- In magnetic RAMs uses spintronic technology and utilizes the spin of the electrons to transmit and process information, unlike normal electronic devices that are driven by electron charges.
- It harnesses the spin of electrons and manipulates the magnetic state leads to what is known as Spin-Transfer Torque-Magnetic Random Access Memory (STT-MRAM).