Managing Director of International Monetary Fund (IMF), Kristalina Georgieva has named a group of prominent individuals to serve as her new External Advisory Group which includes former RBI governor, Raghuram Rajan and others to its new External Advisory Group. Raghuram Rajan was the RBI governor for three years and presently working as a professor at the prestigious University of Chicago.
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
To provide perspectives from around the world on key developments, policy issues, policy responses to the exceptional challenges the world now faces due to the coronavirus pandemic and its economic impact.
The other group’s members are:
- The former finance minister of Nigeria: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
- Senior minister of Singapore and chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore- Tharman Shanmugaratnam.
- Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Kristin Forbes.
- The former prime minister of Australia: Kevin Rudd.
- former United Nations Deputy Secretary-General: Lord Mark Malloch Brown.
- Honorary Chair in English its Dutch State Mines (DSM): De Nederlandse Staatsmijnen.
- Former Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Royal DSM: Feike Sijbesima.
- Group executive chairman: Santande-Ana Botín.
- Professor, Harvard University: Carmen Reinhart.
- Chief economic adviser, Allianz: Mohamed A. El-Erian.
- Chief investment officer, Guggenheim Investments: Scott Minerd
- Chair of Action Aid International: Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Headquarters: Washington DC, United States.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF): 27 December 1945.