The Ministry of MSME has created a Centre for Experimentation, Innovation, and Design for the Khadi Village and Industries Commission (KVIC) with the goal of empowering Khadi Institutions across the country. The Center’s mission is to create clothing, home goods, and fashion accessories that appeal to individuals of all ages. The goal of the Khadi Centre of Excellence (CoEK) is to make Khadi a worldwide, classic, and value-driven brand.
Narayan Rane, the Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, will open the first Khadi Centre of Excellence in New Delhi. Minister of State for MSME Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, Minister of State for Textiles Darshana Vikram Jardosh, Secretary, Ministry of Textiles U P Singh, and Secretary, Ministry of MSME B.B Swain will also attend the event.
- The National Institute of Fashion Technology has developed a Khadi Centre of Excellence in Delhi, with spokes in Bangalore, Gandhinagar, Kolkata, and Shillong.
- The Centre of Excellence will focus on creating clothing, home furnishings, and accessories for people of all ages.
- Khadi fabric, which is hand-spun and hand-woven, became a tool to bring people together, and thousands of people joined collectives to make Khadi fabric and dress in comfortable clothing at Mahatma Gandhi’s request.
- The Khadi Village and Industries Commission has been tasked with developing, promoting, organising, and implementing programmes to develop Khadi and other village industries in rural regions, in collaboration with other rural development organisations as needed.
- Researchers are working on improving productivity and minimising drudgery in a variety of areas, including the utilisation of non-conventional energy and electric power.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Narayan Rane
- Minister of State for MSME: Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma
- Minister of State for Textiles: Darshana Vikram Jardosh