The Union Cabinet recently apprised an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed between India and Japan. The MoU was signed between the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) that operates under the Department of Space, GoI and the Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere called the RISH that operates under the Kyoto University of Japan.
The main objectives of the MoU are as follows:
- According to the MoU signed, the NARL and RISH will continue their cooperation in the areas of technology, atmospheric sciences, collaborative scientific experiments and other related modelling studies.
- They will exchange scientific materials, information, publications, students, faculty members and researchers.
- The MoU will allow the countries to utilize the facilities such as Middle and Upper atmosphere radar in Japan, Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere radar, Equatorial Atmosphere Radar in Indonesia.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Japan Capital: Tokyo;
- Japan Currency: Japanese yen;
- Japan Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga.