India Post has released a set of five commemorative postage stamps and a miniature sheet on UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India on 15th August 2020 on the occasion of 74th Independence Day. This is the third part of the series.
The stamps depict following five cultural sites of India:
- The Historic City of Ahmedabad,
- Churches and Convents of Goa,
- Group of Monuments at Pattadakal,
- Khajuraho Group of Monuments,
- Qutub Minar.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- UNESCO headquarters: Paris, France.
- UNESCO Head: Audrey Azoulay.
- UNESCO Founded: 16 November 1945.