In a significant move, the Indian government has given the green light for the export of 1.34 million tonnes of Non-Basmati White Rice to seven countries. This export approval has been issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
The approved exports are intended for seven countries, namely Nepal, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Republic of Guinea, Malaysia, Philippines, and Seychelles.
Export Quotas by Country
- The Philippines will receive the largest quota, with up to 295,000 metric tonnes of non-Basmati white rice eligible for export.
- Cameroon is allotted 190,000 metric tonnes.
- Malaysia will import up to 170,000 metric tonnes.
- Both Cote D’Ivoire and the Republic of Guinea will receive 142,000 metric tonnes each.
- Nepal is set to receive 95,000 metric tonnes.
- Seychelles will be supplied with 800 metric tonnes.
The responsibility for executing these exports falls to the National Cooperative Export Limited.