The Board of Directors of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (Indigo) appointed Pieter Elbers as Chief Executive Officer. He will join IndiGo on or before 1 Oct 2022. He succeeds Ronojoy Dutta who has decided to retire on 30 September 2022. Elbers has served as the President and CEO of KLM Royal Dutch since 2014 and is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Air France-KLM Group.
Who is Pieter Elbers?
- Elbers, 52, has served as the President & Chief Executive Officer of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Air France – KLM Group.
- He started his career at KLM in 1992 at their Schiphol hub and over time, held several managerial positions in both The Netherlands and overseas in Japan, Greece and Italy. After he returned to The Netherlands, he was appointed as the Senior Vice President of Network & Alliances, before he was promoted in 2011 as the Chief Operating Officer.
- Elbers was born in Schiedam, The Netherlands. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management and a Master’s Degree in Business Economics.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Managing Director of IndiGo: Rahul Bhatia;
- IndiGo Founded: 2006;
- IndiGo Headquarters: Gurugram.